We advocate for and protect the rights of people who ride bicycles. We help individuals, non-profit organizations, and the bicycle industry with legal issues they face, such as:
- Bicycle Crashes
- Traffic Tickets
- Insurance Issues
- Rider Harassment
- Bicycle Theft
If you have legal questions relating to any of these we would be happy to help you.
Bicycle Safety Tips
- Be predictable. Act as the driver of a vehicle when on the road and as pedestrian when on the sidewalk.
- Control the lane unless wide enough to share and avoid the door zone regardless of bike lane and never ride against traffic.
- Use the rightmost lane in your direction of travel and think ahead.
- Signal intentions and be confident, assertive and courteous.
- At night have a minimum of a white light in front and a red reflector on back.
What to do in case of an accident
- Obtain medical treatment if needed.
- Leave your bike in place and call the Police.
- Obtain names and numbers of witnesses.
- Get the other persons name, insurance company, license plate number, address, phone and email.
- Make certain that the responding police officer takes your statement and completes a police report.
- Take photographs and/or video of the scene.
- Do not minimize your injuries or the extent of damage to your bike.
- Do not talk to or settle with an insurance company before consulting an attorney who specializes in bicycle law.